Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Around town

I'd say about 95% of the vehicles in town are minivans and SUVs, very few sedans, except for high end merc bez and bmws and taxis of course. Tourist seasons, lots of cruise ship groups wandering with guides. The downstairs tv and the upstairs tv are completely different channels. What's on 4 downstairs is not on 4 but on 12. Hard to get find a station without channel surfing. I've gotten very daring on my bicycle. I've been riding a lot outside the compound merging in traffic, crossing and turning into side streets etc. Now that many not sound like much of an accomplishment, but I assure you it's harder than it sounds here. Next challenge learning how to drive a motorbike. Caught an great outdoor photojournalism exhibit but then it started to rain so I'll have to resume it by Friday. Very interesting mong people and their traditions.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. I hope you a wearing a helmet. I think that is really cool. does ms. Han go with you?

    ReplyDelete