Thursday, January 26, 2012

My day

Thursday in Sao paolo. Dad and I slept late after a long travel day on Wednesday. Too late for breakfast so only coffee in lobby. Walked the shops in neighborhood, every big name imaginable. Cartier, ferragamo, etc etc. Lunch at lovely Italian restaurant. Orichetti for me and risotto for dad. Stroll around, dad skipped and did a bit of work. Had 330 appt with local dealer. I went exploring on my own when he left.

First I went and checked out spa. Nice small massage area ... Got their price list and I am happy to say that I won't be having any services in the hotel spa ....example one hour relaxing massage is 118us$. Five hour brides day is about 900us$! Then I walked down a flight to the indoor pool. Pool, sauna ,steam shower....might be a less expensive alternative to the spa! But they charge for the bottle of water.

Then i left the hotel for a wander around on my own. Wandered the streets .. Lots of sales of Sumer clothes. Some observations while having a cappuccino in no particular order ... Gay men are much more blatant with their PDA. Lots of graffiti all over the place. I don't know who wears all the skimpy underwear being sold here bc the women are quite ample bodies mostly. I expected the stereotype statuesque model types. And there are some but rare. Returned to hotel at 7pm before dark .. So I don't get lost and it's safer! Dad not back from his afternoon appointment.

Morning started out with slight drizzle, progressed to heavier later in morning then stopped. Evening drizzle ... Sun never came out.

Obviously it could be a late dinner but that's normal for brazil.

Hang in there Elizabeth. Feel betterr Carolyn. August 11 works for me. Great picture Sarah.

More.... Dinner at portugese restaurant. Lovely exquisite meal, quality service presentation and pricing. Steak and fish for us. Friday dad has meetings, I will likely repeat much of today with some minor changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment