Saturday, January 28, 2012

Last day, last blog from south america





Morning room service coffee and rolls. Dad left for meetings, I showered and met my tour guide at 10:30. Lovely lady who took me around city for 3.5 hours, seeing an overview of the sights and getting a history lesson in the process. Sao paolo named for st Paul, city was founded on his feast day by the Jesuits. Lots of graffiti, many many homeless camped on sidewalks and steps. Lots of police patrolling public areas too. Beautiful park, and the best news was it wasn't raining. The sun even managed to come out! Returned to fasano hotel about 230 and dad was waiting for late lunch. Went to amazing restaurant with a huge fig tree growing in the center. Nice meal .. Dad has sardines and I had salad of shrimp, lobster and scallop. Back to room, rested and watched movie, took a walk, pack bags, opted for another walk for some fresh air and sunshine. No dinner prior to long flights for both of us. Watched Australian open this morning.

Lookingbforward to seeing everyone ... Hangnin there Elizabeth.

Last night the dinner was in a very authentic Brazilian restaurant. I had a pork dish and dad had a fish from the amazon river.

1 comment:

  1. I was about to say you've almost made it without the baby coming, but there's still tonight and I would definitely jinx it.

    ReplyDelete