Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday


Awoke to more grey skies. So much for packing summer things. Dad and I agreed we could make it with just coffee this morning. He left for a day of work visiting furniture places. My options were limited by the weather so I thought. Pool is indoor but closed today so I took advantage of the 15 min free massage which turned out to be 7.5 minutes on each foot. It was nice. Then I sat with the concierge and figured out a plan for the day. She suggested a mall which turned out to be a high rise building butnit was great. All the big names and lots of Brazilian designer shops. LV, Cartier, channel, Tiffany, ferragamo, Burberry, hilfiger. Spent most of the afternoon in there. Still raining so badly the gutters were difficult to hop across even getting into taxi. I know I said no souvenirs, but I thought each of you girls should have a special gift from brazil .... About the only time your mother will ever buy you a lace thong!

I believe dinner tonight will be with dads distributor ... Guess I'll dig out something from the suitcase.

Saturday I will do a private guided tour .. The only kind offered apparently. Maybe it won't rain ;-/

Found the flickr site for the hotel in Patagonia .. Those pics would have helped packing had I known about it!

On the drive to the shopping mall passed the bentley, Ferrari, lamborgini, BMW dealers. On the drive back thru a lovely neighborhood all the homes were behind big walls, most with barbed wire and several security cameras and double gates. Yesterday dad was driven back in an armor plated range rover with bulletproof windows and the security guard followed in a car behind. They are serious about their safety.

That wraps it up for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment