Sunday, October 2, 2011

Monday morning

Muggy morning.
Nice Sunday. DIY breakfast aftervdads swim. Hung around, watched a part of movie, got another wonderful two hour massage. Had a lunch with dad at Mekong merchant ... I had salad, dad had a swordfish sandwich. Quiet DIY dinner at home. Finished watching movie and then another that put me to sleep!

Monday night dinner party with nyc Ralph Lauren guys. Ms Han in charge of menu. Dad suggesting lots of options. I will help by staying out of the way! Actually I may shadow her and learn some tricks of cooking VN dishes. I can also wash dishes and set the table! Mostly I will be a charming host!

A couple things to do in the city this morning so I will knock them off then be back in time to supervise party preparations.

Later ... Got all my errands done at the market and picked up my new silk suit for market. Stopped on way back to house and had lunch. Ladies hard at work prepping for dinner guests tonight. Squid being peeled and sliced, shrimp being minced for stuffing in tofu, squash blossoms being stripped and cleaned. It's all coming together. I actually have no idea what's on the menunfor tonight. Centerpiece already arranged. I feel like I should be doing something but I think they prefer I keep out. Maybe I should do the laundry!

Fortunately I beat the rain which borders on monsoon this afternoon. Front is flooding and it's coming down in buckets. It will pass.

Observation ... While having lunch alone, two tables of ex pat ladies came in. Their conversations were loud enough to overhear. Sounds like a very shallow existence if one doesn't have young family. Spoke of this one and that and the new diet they were on (burger patty with two poached eggs on top). I guess they eat and drink the time away. Hopefully there is some meaningful charity work done or volunteering somewhere sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment