Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday

Before everything shuts down I went to supermarket and found stuff for veggie tortillas things. Pretty successful except sour cream and I'm told it's there (by dad). Proud to find El Paso tortillas. So that's taken care of. Then lunch at Hyatt with ms Nhi Jess' wife who is same age as Elizabeth!  Okay. She had pizza I had cheeseburger. Walked to dept store so she could get lipstick. But along the way saw probably the grossest thing I've seen lately. This older guy walks into street, puts one finger on side of his nostril and snorts OUT snot into street, then steps back to sidewalk and wipes his fingers on a sign post pole. Gross. Guess it's just another version of spitting.

So my whole plan for shopping has been compromised. I thought after visitors left I could run around and pick up things requested. Not so much. Dad didn't really work this week and although I could probably have said I'm leaving, I wouldn't be very happy if he did that to me. But he certainly has before. Not to mention that the whole town is at a standstill. Compare it to Christmas Eve (today) when shops close at 3 or 4 and Christmas day when nothing is open. Same thing.  So unless I have it, I won't get it.

Dad has been watching the FX series the Americans non stop. 2 DVD set and he's somewhere on disc  2. I'm pleased since I recommended it.

Guess ill do a load of laundry at some point. Ms han returns on Monday and it would be nice is she didn't have mountain of clothes waiting.
Had a bit of panic when I couldn't remember ever seeing can opener .. She uses only fresh so an opener might be missing but fortunately dad found it. Smells good so I might have scored. Avocado and cheese should finish the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment